Security & Fraud Information
SFCU uses a multi-level authentication process for our online banking, making it a more secure login.
Now might be a good time to review ways to protect yourself online.
- PASSWORD SAFETY TIPS
- Use a different password for each website/system you access.
- Change passwords every 3 months.
- Never reuse passwords on other accounts.
- Make your password long.
- Use a combination of upper & lower case, numbers & symbols.
- Avoid dictionary words (or add numbers and symbols between letters).
- Do not use any personal information unless it is part of a complex password.
- Substitue characters (use zero instead of the letter O or replace letter S with a dollar sign).
- Use the first letters of each word in an easy to remember sentence.
- SECURITY TIPS
- Make sure your computer & phone have anti-virus programs.
- Use up-to-date malware (endpoint) protection software in addition to anti-virus software.
- Use a firewall when entering personal information.
- Do not open or click on attachments in suspicious emails.
- Disable AutoPlay to prevent the automatic launching of executable files.
- Perform regular backups of data.
- Don't view or share personal information over a public wi-fi network.
Please click each below to learn more.
DEBIT CARD BLOCKED LOCATIONS
Current as of May 2017
Please review this list and contact us, in advance at 800-889-8121 or 508-845-6755, if your travel or purchasing plans include these areas:
United Arab Emirates (includes Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Sharjah, Umm Al Quwain, Fujeirah, Ajmen Ras Al Khaimah)
*Blocked completely by government no card use.